- Stainless steel is one of the most hygienic materials available. Its unique surface has no pores or cracks to harbour dirt, grime, or bacteria. This is why it is so commonly used in cookware, food preparation and commercial kitchens.
- It is corrosion-resistant, non-leaching, and safe!
- You can switch between water, juice, or milk drinks and there will be no taste or smell of any of them after the bottle has been washed!
- With proper care, stainless steel has a useful life expectancy of over 100 years and it is 100% recyclable! This makes ECOtanka bottles both long-lasting and environmentally friendly.
Have a Question?
Frequently Asked Questions
ECOtanka bottles are made from grade 304 stainless steel (also referred to as 18/8).
This is a high-grade stainless steel used extensively for equipment in both domestic and commercial kitchens. It is the grade most commonly used in the food industry due to its superior corrosion resistance and ease of cleaning.
It has been found that foods cooked in aluminium can react with the metal to form aluminium salts. There is a high likelihood that prolonged exposure to these can lead to toxic effects, which means that drink bottles made from aluminium need to be lined with something to make them safe for us to use. The most common substance used for lining these bottles is an epoxy resin, which in itself may contain harmful chemicals. It may also retain odours.
The basic unit that makes up polycarbonate is Bisphenol A, originally synthesized in the 1930s as an oestrogen for pharmacological use. The fragility of the structure of these bonded units results in significant leaching of Bisphenol A into a variety of substances. Bisphenol A has been shown to be an endocrine disruptor and to simulate the action of oestrogenic compounds. There is also evidence that Bisphenol A enhances the growth of human breast cancer cells. Bisphenol leaching is considerably greater in polycarbonate that is scratched, cloudy, or exhibits wear of any sort. Heating also accelerates the leaching process.
This is not recommended. ECOtanka bottles are single-walled and are not insulated, so they become very hot when filled with a heated liquid, and will not keep liquids hot.
ECOtankas are not insulated, so they will not keep drinks cold. If you wish to keep your drinks cold, fit an insulating jacket/holder to your bottle.
ECOtanka bottles are machine manufactured in China to a very high standard, complying with all general manufacturing regulations.
- It is easy to keep your drink bottle clean. Simply wash it in warm water with a mild detergent.
- If you live in an area with a high mineral content in the water, you can remove calcium deposits by washing the bottle with warm water and white wine vinegar.
- Washing ECOtanka bottles in the dishwasher is not recommended.
- Bleach (or any chloride-containing detergent) or ammonia should not be used on stainless steel. Cleaning products containing either of these should not be used to clean your bottle.